Friday, January 20, 2006

Fear is a Man's Best Friend

Well, kiddies, I'm back from California. After tearing up the West Coast, I'm back to wreck shit up Mid-Atlantic-style. Beware, y'all.

A little known fact: Holly goes bananas for the defunct HBO series Six Feet Under. Easily the best thing ever produced in the medium of television, the compelling drama dealt intelligently with death, love and all those transitory moments in-between, and did so with the occasional in-joke or gallows humor.

But there has been one major side-effect from watching this show. Being a hypochondriac at heart, I have recently developed a number of phobias that have their basis in specific sequences from the show.

Phobia #1: Fear of being chopped in half by an elevator.

Phobia #2: Fear of smoking while driving a hearse.

Phobia #3: Fear of picking up hitchhikers.

Phobia #4: Fear of taking aspirin ... and that it might result in an unexpected (that's the scary part) Ecstasy trip.

Phobia #5: Fear of aspects of my life story being turned into somebody else's "performance art" [An aside: it has come to my attention that if I decide to do something stupid, like break the law or do something personally embarrassing, I should claim it to be "performance art." At least it was this guy's defense.]

As you can tell, I could keep going. The show has turned me into even more of a neurotic mess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home