Wednesday, April 05, 2006

No joy in tvland

Anybody out there sick of having all the good TV shows ruined, cancelled, or otherwise shit on by "the man"? As if it weren't enough that Arrested Development went downhill it's last season before finally being booted, with its many, many awards in tow. Really, that's just one of the more recent examples. Some of us, though, will remember the brief but brilliant lifespans of shows like Freaks and Geeks, TV Nation, The Critic, Battlestar Galactica, The Job, The Tick, The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley, and the queen mother of them all: Get a Life starring the great Chris Elliott. I bet Chris Elliott is great at softball...jokes.

6 Comments:

Blogger holly go-heavily said...

What about my all-time favorites Police Squad and Undergrads?

April 05, 2006 3:06 PM  
Blogger timoni said...

True dat, man. I'm convinced that--since I don't watch television anyway--there's some conspiracy to keep me from wanting to watch television.

April 05, 2006 3:59 PM  
Blogger The Paper Cat said...

Damn. I forgot Police Squad! And how could I have forgotten TV Funhouse either???? I haven't seen Undergrads to my memory, but I hear it's full of ex-Freaks and Geeks.

April 24, 2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger The Paper Cat said...

Also, Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends

May 09, 2006 1:01 PM  
Blogger The Paper Cat said...

Shit, I forgot one of my all-time favorites...Fernwood 2Nite!

July 25, 2006 5:17 PM  
Blogger The Paper Cat said...

And is that even to mention the Chuck Baris wonder that was 3's A Crowd? I totally blew it with this list the first time around. Thank goodness for comments!

July 25, 2006 5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home