Monday, March 06, 2006

Rocks Off

In years past, I've been generally disappointed with the Academy Awards' selections. But this year, I've turned a new, PaperCat-ian leaf, and now have major disdain for the show ... which is nothing more than the Grammys of film. I'm sure you would all agree with me that I should be a gambler. I got all the major categories right ... hey, the supporting role ones don't really count, do they? And why didn't Asia Argento win? I just don't get it. I should've taken the Bard's advice and drank some PBR to make all the bullshit go down easier. That reminds me of the lesbian dates I went on with Ann Coulter. Those encounters are the basis for Lightning Bolt's Hypermagic Mountain -- ___ bless their souls.

In the meantime, I'll give a shoutout to Mick Taylor ... the best non-Keef guitarist the Stones ever had. Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out (1970). Sticky Fingers (1971). Exile on Main Street (1972). Need I say more? The Cat prefers Brian Jones just because he looks like Rodney Bingenheimer. Your loss. Look at the picture below.



Yeah. Now Holly is leaving to bombproof her horse.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Paper Cat said...

Ooh, that's a tough jab at my man Brian Jones. Most people overlook the ealiest Stones albums like The Rolling Stones, Now!. And that's unfortunate. Brian Jones could play some mean slide guitar. But his real strength was his multi-instrumentalist abilities. Check his keyboarding on "2000 Light Years From Home" and "Let's Spend The Night Together". That's the stuff.

March 20, 2006 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home