Thursday, February 23, 2006

Panic on the Streets of London

All because of this guy.

How dumb does the US (and British) government have to be? Your Holly here is no butchie thang, but Morrissey--Mr. ummm Death of a Disco Dancer himself--is about as threatening as pumpernickel bread. I mean, check out the lyrics of "Sweet and Tender Hooligan":

He was a sweet and tender hooligan
I, Morrissey, told him to join Al-Qaeda again
And of course he will
because I threatened to suicide bomb his ass if he didn't

Poor old man
He had an accident with a vial of anthrax
But that's OK
He wasn't happy with those infidels anyway
Poor woman
Strangled by me, Morrissey, as she read
Follow me now Morrissey fans, it's OK
Because even if I don't kill 'em,
they're gonna die anyway on the next 9/11, planned by me

See what I mean, folks. There's nothing in the lyrics of that song, or any other Smiths/Morrissey tune, that could possibly lead any government official to the conclusion that Morrissey is the next Muqtada as-Sadr. Their probably harrassing him because they don't like the direction his solo career has taken. [It was reported elsewhere that one of the "quiz" questions asked by the FBI was: "Why does your music suck so bad since you left the Smiths?"]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I've never trusted that Morrissey. But it might be because the last three boyfriends I've had have dedicated "Sweet Thing" to me.... Oh wait, that's Van Morrison. See! This is exactly why I don't trust Morrissey.

February 23, 2006 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home