Monday, March 13, 2006

Congratulations Holly

I would like to offer my sincere congratulations to Holly, who today became an ASE-certified machinist. Her years or hard work have paid off. Some people might say it's a second prize, after she failed to make the top three in any of the 1986-1998 greater Hartford "Miss Husky" pageants. But I'm not one of those people. I think this is an achievement unto itself. Just like Wade Boggs entering the baseball hall of fame.

And it also reminds me of some great Possible Elitists High on Coffee and Cloves moments from the last year, like when Holly introduced the world to MEAT. I think there were some readers who thought she was pandering to her audience on the same scale as when the Cosby show introduced little Olivia to bolster ratings in season six. Again, I'm not one of those critics. Because it was only two episodes later that Vanessa went to a party with Denise and got drunk. And, likewise, only two posts after introducing MEAT, Holly bravely went on record to point out how Gus Van Sant's career has now entered the toilet zone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home