Thursday, November 17, 2005

Back from the dead

Howdy all. I know it's been a while since I last rapped at you. But I'm finally back. I've spent the last few weeks doing what any upstanding hipster should be doing at this time of year: watching The Last Unicorn (1982) over and over and over again. And, of course, rocking out to the mellow sound of folk-rockers America while I do it.

Well, I've been doing that, and I got hitched. Yes, P. Kitty is officially off the market for good. I also got hitched at the same place Britney Spears, Michael Jordan, Judy Garland, Frank Sinatra, and Mickey Rooney. You can read all about it at Ephemeral-Abeyance. Probably the most important thing you need to know about 'ol P. Kitty's weddin' day is that Elvis, The King, was in attendance. So that made things legit. That, and the fact that I was able to wear a classic Elvis, Aloha From Hawaii Via Satellite belt buckle to the ceremony.

It's a good thing I'm back too. I need to second that emotion about Gus Van Sandt. He is, like, totally a douche. Dude made like one or two decent movies (My Own Private Idaho being his hands-down best) and then might as well have withered up and died. I mean, I saw Elephant (2003) and was NOT impressed. It basically presents every obvious stereotype about high school kids, but for what reason I don't know. As boring as it was, I don't think it won any major awards. That surprised me. Being boring and predictable has always gotten Steven Spielberg places (oh, burn!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home