Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Nightmare on my street

What a nightmare I had! I was the Emperor of The World--a typical dream. Things were going well. Hipsterdom reigned supreme, the lovely sounds of The Pipe Bomb Cigarettes filled the radio waves, and I was diggin' it. Yeah! But then things took a turn. Someone came along and combed my carefully dishevled hair. I was powerless (I think there might be biblical symbolism somewhere here). Then, I got a parking ticket; sovereign immunity right sent right out the tailpipe likea puff of noxious fumes.



Then I had to watch 10 hours of G.G. Allin videos, held in front of a screen by some unseen and unnamed force. This was not a good dream. I was totally flustered when I finally woke up. That made it hard to review the newest Devendra Banhart album for a local weekly music rag. I couldn't stop wishing he still sounded like he did when I was young...like last year. I know that some people don't consider that a valid way of looking at things. But I think those people need to get with the program, so to speak. Like there is any other way of looking at things!

Next post: why Sweden is the best country on the planet, relatively speaking, and whether sliced franks really belong in spaghetti-o's.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

frank-n-beans.

October 24, 2005 6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home