Friday, October 07, 2005

The Mt. Everest of trucking

I want to talk about something that isn't often talked about. Something nobody wants to talk about. But it's something that needs to be said. I want to talk about truckers who drive over frozen lakes in northern Canada to deliver mining equipment needed to extract uranium yellowcake so that countries like the USA can build nuclear bombs. According to The History Channel, this is "the Mt. Everest of trucking." I suggest applying for a job there immediately.

I think I'll give it a try. It may mean giving up my dream home, but it should be worth it for the trucker hats alone. Think of it! I will be so far past hipster irony when I'm actually becoming a trucker for the sake of wearing the hats without irony. That's meta-irony for you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great idea for a job!

October 07, 2005 4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home