Friday, August 05, 2005

Outfoxed

Fox [News Corp.], the megacompany responsible for the cultural trainwrecks American Idol AND The O'Reilly Factor, has just purchased myspace.com. According to an article on the jealous competitor CNN's website, users are concerned that Rupert Murdoch and his Big Brothers will not only watch us poop, but will censor people's profiles and remove content not reflective of Fox's fairandbalancedist brand of non-ideology [tongue firmly implanted in cheek]. This news gives Holly Go-Heavily concern, considering my bawdy sense of, well, everything. What's going to happen to my suitors on myspace if I can't be myself (mymymy)?

Maybe Mr. Murdoch can get his own legitimate myspace profile (not some spoof profile ... who would do such a thing?). It would be interesting to read his blog. "God, I hate first dates." "Damn I look sexy in Versace." "I've got too many islands." If only he had his own profile, then I would leave a brief comment, encouraging him to hire this guy.

I worried that Murdoch will next want to purchase my Billy Ripken "fuck face" card and then the Possible Elitists High on Coffee and Cloves Communication Machine 3000. If he does that and hires Robert Novak, this Internet place'll be leakier than Ted Kennedy's adult diaper.