Wednesday, July 20, 2005

My piece of paradise

Holly, I've found my dream home. You might have assumed that a swarthy hipster like myself would be a perennial apartment-dweller. Well, if so, think again. Here's a picture captured at the "magic hour", when the dimming light just before dark gives the place a kind of shimmer.



Notice the trifecta:

(1) Cinder blocks on the lawn painted green, for wondrous aesthetic effect and lawn-mowing advantage.

(2) A tree in the front lawn, shaped so well and rounded that mother nature could never match it. Impossible to duplicate.

(3) A sign on the front of a charming little house saying, "Liberate Iraq". That's so progressive! To think that somebody inside is opposed to American imperialism and wants U.S. invaders out of Iraq and safely back home. I think that's swell.

So, I think me and my woman should move in there as soon as possible. Given current real estate prices, which I hardly understand, I could probably slide in to this place for as little as $650,000. Quite a steal for 600 square foot ranch with outdated electrical wiring.

I can't wait to move into a place like this one. I can almost taste the meatless backyard barbecues already. I can probably also finally listen to Franz Ferdinand, Interpol, and whatever else college radio decides I should listen to at the full volume those giants of indie rock deserve. Yay.

My only complaint is the considerable distance between this veritable slice of paradise and the nearest NASCAR track. Fortunately, those cinder blocks out front make just the right place to paint an appropriate tribute.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg! "Swarthy"?

July 21, 2005 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home