Friday, July 22, 2005

))><((

That's right folks. This is the time on Possible Elitists High on Coffee and Cloves when we give Shout-Outs to all tha dizzogs in our hood. First, I'd like to congratulate Cat on finding his affordable dream home. I'm sure Dale Earnhardt--NASCAR legend and professional actor--would be proud! Now Cat can turn an entire room into a litter box, or maybe a toilet bowl. (Holla atcha boy Kate!)

Before I get to the Shout-Outs ... it looks like a group of young outcasts is trying to co-opt our subculture, Cat. Check this out:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/07/18/dork.pride.ap/index.html

And I'm probably the last person on Earth to say this, because I can be a bit dense sometimes, but those "Vote for Pedro" T-shirts have got to go, folks. Really. I'm serious.

Okay, to the Shout-Outs:

1) Go see Miranda July's film Me and You and Everyone We Know. I'm so retarded for it. It's exactly what I've been looking for in a film for years now. I could say something like, "It reminds me of a light-hearted Todd Solondz film combined with a touch of Hal Hartley aloofness," but that would not do nearly enough justice (and might even be construed as an insult).

2) Look at the blog PostSecret. Every time I read it, I laugh and cry. See for yourself. (And yes, I do have emotions ...)

3) Look at the blog Two Advice Columnists and a Poisonous Cobra. Seriously the worst advice column in history. And ask for some advice while you're at it, just to see what kind of silly answers Brock, Mia and the Snake can dream up.

4) Sleater-Kinney's new album The Woods. They never cease to amaze with each new album they release.

Okay, enough praising for now. It's back to the drawing board ... and time to return to being the cynical Gen-X slacker my Me-Generation parents raised me to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home