Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I Predict; or, Odds & Ends

Admission time. Even though I threw my television set away eleven years ago, I do whatever I possibly can to see The McLaughlin Group.

I will admit that I first watched his show because I thought he was that guy who played guitar on Miles Davis' Bitches Brew (1970) and later became a Mahavishnu. After watching this Bodhisattva expound on "this week's" hot-button political issues (this week, the split of the AFL-CIO labor union) with absolute and unwavering certainity and boldness, I became a follower. "PAT BUCHANAN." "ELEANOR CLIFT." "TONY BLANKLEY." His glorious, booming voice even makes his prediction for this week--that Bush's Supreme Court nominee, John Roberts, will become chief justice--not sound like the apocalypse is nigh. But enough about this glorious man. "BYE-BYE." [Note: McLaughlin perfected the tonality of this exitline long before Anne Robinson on The Weakest Link. Did I mention that I don't own a television set? When I said that I was lyin' I might have been lyin'.]

In other news, apparently Jimi Hendrix was gay and liked to chop down mountains with the edge of his hand, if you catch my drift. Jimi, we salute you!

Cat, I've got an assignment for you. Are you aware of this Internet phenomenon known as Online Quizzing? Speaking of Nerds, I want to know which Lambda Lamdba Lamdba fraternity brother you would be. Just curious.

BYE-BYE.

PS. More shameless plugging: Holly Go-Heavily, who occasionally dabbles in poetry, gives the thumbs-up to Carly Sachs, whose poems are featured at No Tell Motel from August 1 through the 8th. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home