Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A portrait of the artist as a young blogger

Holly, I think Ann Coulter is as pretentious as some Irish author whose name I can't seem to remember. She is as tired and played out as the rotting corpse of Paris Hilton. But really, she's perfect for you! I mean, she probably has no idea what dry humor is about, so you will have plenty to discuss. I think the right wing is in need of a real rocker, not just a diva. The right wing could also just go with The Guitar Power of Dan & Walt. Maybe I spelled that wrong, sorry. Turtledaub knows it!

What has really confused me lately is how anybody could confuse cheese curds (a/k/a "squeaky cheese")



with cheese nuggets

.

Do I need to go all Wisconsin on somebody's ass? Clearly, cheese curds do not need to be deep fried. Cheese nuggets, however, are what you get after you bread and deep fry some kind of cheese. This is why the qualifier "deep fried" is customarily added to any description of cheese curds that have been breaded and deep fried.



I hope this clarifies I few things for people. This has been a public service announcement brought to you by the un-pretentious and never-mean-spirited people at PEHOC&C.

Also, in the interest of providing more of the cutting-edge journalism readers have come to expect from this blog, I will burst the bubble that "white cheddar" is no different from "yellow" cheddar cheese. In fact, all cheddar cheese is white until it is colored yellow. In your face Cheez-Its (we all know Cheese Nips are better anyway).

4 Comments:

Blogger holly go-heavily said...

Grrrrrrosssssssss.

May 04, 2005 1:48 PM  
Blogger The Paper Cat said...

The sky is falling, the sky is falling. Have some cheese NUGGETS with that.

May 04, 2005 3:10 PM  
Blogger holly go-heavily said...

"Batman and Robin Over the Roofs" often makes it on the mix-CDs that I make for friends. All the songs are public domain and there are all these musical "quotes" on it ... the one that is most recognizable to me is the Beatles' "She Loves You" in one of the last songs on the album.

May 05, 2005 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All cheese is good cheese, . . . 'til you puke it up on the rug. Anyone holding?

May 12, 2005 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home