Sunday, April 24, 2005

Yes that's my foot

I think both you and Chicken Little have it right. I AM of the Garden State-generation of disaffected hipsters. Of course, I cough up more style than even the best of my generation. But my chronic licking has me coughing up many things--hairballs included. So this is a major issue for me. What does have me troubled is my belt wearing technique. I found out the other day that I put my belt on backwards. That is, I thread mine clockwise while it seems everyone else (who is also right-handed at least) puts his or hers on counterclockwise. I'm shattered. It may take me several blog entries to fully recover from this.

Let me get to your list though! This list is well-timed, as I just picked up my new car last week. In my part of the world, we call my car a Josh Hartnett-mobile. Actaully, that's the perfect name, because I'm the Josh Hartnett of a new generation. My top 5 songs about cars: (1) "Come On" Chuck Berry (2) "Roadrunner" The Modern Lovers (3) "Rocket U.S.A." Suicide (4) "Bitchin' Camaro" The Dead Milkmen (5) "Look-Ka Py Py" The Meters. I couldn't resist some honorable mentions (especially as there was some overlap on our lists; holy overlap Batman!): "Motorcade" Magazine, "Wax the Van" lola [a/k/a Arthur Russell], and that Billy Joel song that goes "cadillac-ack-ack-ack". Also, it's not really a song, but I want to shout out to the bit "No Prob Limo" by Pleaseeasaur. I'm also gonna scratch my head and wonder why you didn't list "Little Red Corvette" by Prince. Holly, I thought I knew you.

Also, for future reference, bad joke alerts should come before the joke. It's simply protocol. A little heads up is always nice going into those things.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Paper Cat said...

Sweet Bigmay.

April 25, 2005 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home