Thursday, April 28, 2005

Smell the glove

I was talking to this guy Derek Smalls, and he had a friend's custom amplifier for sale. This one was supposed to be special so you could turn it up more than usual. It didn't seem to actually be any louder than a regular amp, but he insisted there was something custom about it. I don't really believe him anyway. This dude had something like a cucumber in his pocket the whole time I was talking to him. It creeped me out. I mean, why? Then, if that weren't enough, he tells me this story about being stuck inside a giant peapod during a concert. It reminded me of my latest trip to the Quad Cities Sci-fiathan (the bi-monthly science fiction convention/Thomas Hobbes philosophy roundtable).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such infantile escapism.

May 02, 2005 8:56 PM  
Blogger holly go-heavily said...

Yeah, but I'd prefer it to "mature" escapism any ol' day of the week.

May 03, 2005 1:59 PM  
Blogger The Paper Cat said...

Sounds like chicken little has an enneagram no. 7.

May 03, 2005 7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just call me a trend setter.

May 12, 2005 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home