Friday, April 22, 2005

When You Asked Me How I Was Doing / Was that Some Kind of Joke?

I think I'm fully recovered from the recent bad-movie-watching experience involving Closer. To help me in my time of need: Hitchcock's North by Northwest (1959) and a cool documentary on Miles Davis called Miles Electric: A Different Kind of Blue (2004), which showed at the DC Filmfest. Most of the film is basically foreplay leading up to uncut footage from Davis' appearance at the huge Isle of Wight festival in 1970. This was right after he released three of the greatest albums in the history of mankind, In a Silent Way (1969), Bitches Brew (1970) and A Tribute to Jack Johnson (1970). The performance, titled "Call it Anything," is smmmmokin'!

[BAD JOKE ALERT!!!]

In certain parts of Canada and the European Union, is he known as KILOMETERS DAVIS?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home