Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Will You Still Need Me, Will You Still Feed Me

We here at Possible Elitists High on Coffee and Cloves apologize for the lack of posts lately. Both Cat and I have become involved in some seriously time-consuming "extra-curricular" projects that have put a strain on our blog time.

I've been working on my first album -- which I envision to be a Double-LP -- under the moniker The Pipe Bomb Cigarettes. Being that my instrumental skills are quite limited (I can do a mean whee-ooo whee-ooo solo on the theremin), it has been hard to fill up 24 tracks with meaningful sounds. One song, an instrumental, called "Too Old for Diapers, Too Young for Diapers," features 23 tracks of amplifier feedback and one track of a live microphone being fed to a food processor as interpreted by a delay pedal. I was trying to imagine what it sounds like when a hearing aid goes bad.

My proposed concept album, tentatively titled Geriatric Youth, is about an eccentric group of high school kids who wish they were in their 70s. They use walkers, wear Depends undergarments, dye their hair Bea Arthur blue, and play shuffleboard. Wouldn't that be precious? Well, for Holly Go-Lightly and the Pipe Bomb Cigarettes, it's an excuse to build ponderous layers upon layers of washed out Moog sounds and electronic blips, simulating the musicality of Wade Boggs' hair transplant surgery and yet another Bush-led increase in the number of our nation's citizens living in poverty (by Bush, I'm referring to both George W. Bush, the 43rd President of the United States of America, and the British post-grunge band of the same name).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home