Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Beware of flying feces

I've just been hit in the face with a turd. It's not the kind of thing that happens to me every day. It's also not the reason I have been absent from ye olde blog of late--the reason for that was that during election season in the USA either Holly or I had to go to an "undisclosed location" and I lost the coin toss. But as to the flying feces, I'm of course talking about the latest offering from America's favorite cinematic son Martin Scorsese, The Departed (2006). Thankfully Leonardo DiCaprio was present to wipe the shit from my eyes, but that was no small task with Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, and a rabble of others continually reapplying it. I know it may be a bit much to slog everyone's hollywood award favorite. But I have to, if for no other reason than to give props to the new film sensation of the world, Borat (2006). Is Borat the incestuous gay lovechild of Andy Kaufman's "foreign guy" and Tony Clifton personas, guesting on "The Daily Show?" I guess I don't know, but dammit I want...need...to find out. If there's one message all you loyal readers should take from all this though is that after seeing Borat, I'm convinced that there might be worse fates than being hit with a turd. Much worse. Much, much worse. I'll leave it at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home