Friday, June 10, 2005

I'm the Fucking Son of a Superman

All this talk about Ricky Martin and human rights is making me hungry: for corned beef hash!

Little known fact: Holly Go-Heavily loves this wretched stuff! Does this make me a "Volume 11 Carnivore"?

Though I normally don't take exception to anything ... anything ... that the Beatles' sang, I think I'm going to have to agree to disagree with Paul McCartney when he sang, "I've got to admit it's getting better / getting better all the time." Holly Go-Heavily, differing from Sir Paul and the Paper Cat, thinks that things are either Getting Worse or simply Staying the Same (in some places known as The Status Quo).

For one thing, I can't trust my country's Department of Homeland Security. According to the Associated Press:

On April 25, Gregory Despres arrived at the U.S.-Canadian border crossing at Calais, Maine, carrying a homemade sword, a hatchet, a knife, brass knuckles and a chain saw stained with what appeared to be blood. U.S. customs agents confiscated the weapons and fingerprinted Despres.

Then they let him into the United States.

The following day, a gruesome scene was discovered in Despres’ hometown of Minto, New Brunswick: The decapitated body of a 74-year-old country musician named Frederick Fulton was found on his kitchen floor. The man’s head was in a pillow case under a kitchen table. His common-law wife was discovered stabbed to death in a bedroom.

Wow. Simply Wow! After reading this story, I thought it was if a hand of the occult had swooped down into the belly of punk rock hell and resurrected the long-dead Germs' frontman Darby Crash (1958-1980).


Despres does look like a Lexicon Devil, that's for sure. Things might be getting better if Darby Crash was resurrected. (GI) (1979) is one of the best punk rock albums ever put down on wax. But bringing him back as a hatchet-murderer makes me think that things aren't getting better. Cat, what should I do to overcome these pessimistic tendencies?

PS RIP Anne Bancroft (1931-2005)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home