Friday, May 27, 2005

The vibrations are different here

The Bible (~300 A.D.) sure is an intersting book Holly. Why, it reminds me of something jazz musician Sun Ra (pictured left) said about it. He said that it should be in every American classroom; he didn't think anyone should read it, but it should be in there. He's right. Think of all the wobbly tables that could be steadied if only there were more bibles in classrooms to stick under their legs. That Sun Ra was a wise man indeed. That only makes sense, because he was from Saturn. People from Saturn are always smart, and gaseous. He also recorded one of the most grooviest (and far-out) albums of the 1960s--Atlantis (1969)--with his Astro-Infinity Arkestra. The first time I heard it I thought, "Dude!" The second time pretty much confirmed that I would have to go to Saturn someday. I hear that the vibrations are different there.

Turtledaub had it made when he fell into that sweet cult. Usually it takes months if not years to find the right one. I am frustrated with how difficult it is to choose a cult these days (something perfectly captured in episode 102 of TV Funhouse). I just can't seem to find the right one for me...with confortable yet intimidating compounds, tasty yet dangrous cerimonial beverages, etc. I considered the catholic church. With that new pope, I think I would be safe in assuming that women will continue to have no authority and homosexuals will continue to be persecuted for the foreseeable future. As a bonus I'll also tap into a lot of baseless hostility towards muslims. But if you read an earlier post, you know that catholic fashions just aren't up to date. Still, the Vatican is a primo cult compound. Although I've always had a preference for something in a northern Idaho location. It pays to be close to a bunch of other cults, and not isolated in some boot-shaped region where everybody is in the same one. I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

Speaking of looking around, did you know that a Google image search for "fish fuck" will produce this picture as the #2 result?



Who is this person? And did she ever live in Minneapolis? She probably is no high ridin' woman with a whip. Barbara Stanwyck was something of the sort in Samuel Fuller's Forty Guns (1957). It's nowhere near the classic western that Nicholas Ray's Johnny Guitar (1954) is, but hey, is anything? But Forty Guns at least alternates between the inventive shots characteristic of European cinema and the maudlin songs and one-liners that old Sam Fuller always put to such good use.

3 Comments:

Blogger holly go-heavily said...

I have to ask, Cat ... What led you to search specifically for the words "fish fuck"?

May 27, 2005 12:24 PM  
Blogger The Paper Cat said...

I do that every thursday. Wait, you don't???

June 02, 2005 10:21 AM  
Blogger The Paper Cat said...

PS - catholic fashions: http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2928

June 03, 2005 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home