Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Holding Out for a Hero

I'm holding out for a hero ... Bonnie Tyler, you are a golden God!

Is not the Footloose soundtrack (1984) the most inspirational sacred recording of the 1980s? It's about freeing one's spirit in the face of adversity; turning the bedroom into a dancefloor (think Shalamar: "Dancing in the Sheets," not Martha and the Vandellas' "Dancing in the Street" [1964]) of emotion; giving good guys props (Denise Williams singin' "Let's Hear it for the Boys"); the wonderful Aeolian Harp that is Kenny Loggins' voice; and, the Edenic bliss of being in love (Annie from Heart and Mikey from Loverboy in the heartfelt magnum opus "Almost Paradise").

Speaking of luv, I've received no love letters on my myspace account. Wuddup wit dat? Not even Turtledaub has sent me any love. I know he had a thing for me. My French-Canadian accent really got him a-purrin'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home